Monday, January 19, 2015

♡ I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like...




Soooo, I mentioned in my last post about wanting a bike... Well, on Sunday, my cousins and I went to look at some & well, here's my bike! I had a hard time deciding on the colour. I always saw the baby blue ones & loved them, but as soon as I saw this Mint Green one, I was in love! I took forever trying to decide & when I heard that there was only Mint in Small, I decided it was fate and went with that one.

And I couldn't be more happier with my choice. I got my bike at Reid Cycles & they have a huge range of amazing bikes there. It's the Vintage Ladies 7-Speed Classic bike, which was originally $279 but is on sale at $249. On top of that, thanks to my cousin who got her bike last week, I got a 5% discount :-) Then, because of my bike, her sister (who also got a bike yesterday) got a 5% discount on her bike & 10% off accessories.

The reason I didn't get the 10% discount for accessories is because I went for the Vintage Starter Pack. This includes: a basket, basket liner (of course I got the one with roses :P), helmet, lock, lube, mini bike pump, LED lights & an extended 4 year warranty. All of this would have been about $220 but this handy little package deal was only $120. So all together, I paid just a little over $350, which I think is more than reasonable for everything I got.





And of course, we all had to go for a bike ride afterwards. My cousin got a black one yesterday and that's the same model as mine, whereas the coffee one, which my other cousin got last week is the Mixte model. The blue one at the end is from a different place and that belongs to my cousin's boyfriend. As you can see, we attached the trailer to his bike and so Teddy & Honey rode with us. We rode about for 2+ hours so I'm a little sore today, but I'm just so in love!

So, what do you think? What are your bikes like? My dad's thinking of getting one as well so we can all go bike riding together. Any recommendations?

Love Always,
Anna Banana ♡

2 comments:

  1. That mint is delightful! And your little basket!! It's perfect!
    I love the idea of bicycles (and I have one in a lovely purple color) but I can't rid it very long or very often (I've got the knees of a 90 year old, ha), but was always fun when I was younger to get about that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha, yeah it is really fun! Ooh I loooove purple. Hehe I always imagined myself on a bike with a basket full of flowers & fresh fruit & veg :P xx

      Delete