Monday, February 2, 2015

AFC ASIAN CUP 2015: Australia 2 - 1 Korea Repubic



Last week I went to my first ever soccer (or football) match! It was so exciting. I mean, I love watching soccer matches on TV, but when you're actually there, the atmosphere is amazing! People cheer for everything - whenever someone gets the ball, loses the ball, gets a penalty, and of course, a GOAL! I actually went with my friend Monica & our boyfriends to the South Korea semi-final against Iraq and so that was my first actual match. And then, when we found out it was going to be a Korea vs. Australia final, we just had to go - no matter how terrible the seats. All four of us got tickets last-minute and so they were pretty high up but it was so much fun. We were amongst both Australian & Korean fans so it was all the more exciting.





We were closer to the official Korean supporters so I got a clearer picture of the flag. It was really cool how they 'raised' the flags during the national anthems. Korea even raised it again when they scored the late equaliser in 91st minute - it was incredible. Everyone was at their feet, cheering as the match went into extra time. No one thought it would happen but they did. And then there's the other three-quarters of the place, all green & gold, thinking we had won the match already. Honestly, it sort of looked like an episode from the Simpson's, seeing all the yellow :D



But ultimately, Australia scored the winning goal in extra time and so they took the trophy home. We didn't stay for the ceremony because we wanted to get out before the traffic, but it was a great finish to a great tournament. And I think it was Australia's last year competing in the Asian Cup so a great win for them.

Also, I know it's probably a common thing in most matches, but I'm not a huge fan of the booing. It just ticks me off sometimes but I guess, that's the 'fun' of it all? I don't know. Is anyone else like that? I'm sure no one loves it and alcohol is a big contributor to these matches, but it doesn't feel so sportsmanship-y to me.

Anyways, I hope you've all been well. Sorry I've been pretty absent both here & on my Instagram in particular, but I'll try to make more of an effort. Thanks for reading though!

Love Always,
Anna Banana ♡

2 comments:

  1. I don't like the booing in sports either. I understand frustration, and a big "come onnnnn", but to boo people? That's not very encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I'm a huge tennis fan so I totally get the Come Onnnn's and stuff but the booing was a little much. xx.

      Delete